Wednesday

Security Envelope Rosettes

I started out my crafting life as a very small child.
Armed with a roll of tape, bottle of paste, and a pair of scissors, I would hoard "Garbage".
Paper towel rolls, cracker boxes, used envelopes and papers, plastic containers etc.
I made 3-D doll houses with them.

I've carried that attitude with me to the present: how can I make something interesting out of random components? Security envelopes have been on the random component list for a while.
I have been sure that something was waiting to be created...
the gilded bee,crafting,paper,rosettes

the gilded bee,crafting,paper,rosettes

the gilded bee,crafting,paper,rosettes

the gilded bee,crafting,paper,rosettes

I stumbled into this blog one day and have kept going back for more. I love her tutorials. I want to make the projects in all of them.

TO MAKE THE ROSETTES:
instructions:
http://papiervalise.typepad.com/scissor_variations/2009/04/judging-an-envelope-by-its-return-address-part-1.html

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea out of something so blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ;)
    I love to pair those black and white, grey, and blue and white patterns with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute, thanks for sharing! now that I have more free time I'll definitely try to make these

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Helena :):)
    these were very easy to make and would work well with any text weight paper. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I too have been crafting from a young age...my mom was a crafter and even had a special "craft closet" full of odds and ends (paper, pipe cleaners, buttons, yarn, ribbon, etc) for me to craft with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you :)
    I like the concept of your craft closet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ridiculously cool. The first one is my favorite!

    Charissa
    www.thegiftedblog.com

    ReplyDelete