Wednesday

a book by its cover

I judge these books by their covers.
Every year, there are usually two book sales at our local library.
There are mountains of these books: readers digest condensed books.
They are mostly from the 1950's-70's. I fall for these covers pretty much every time I go.
The best part: there are so many, that they are FREE, and the salespeople cheer me on each time grab as many as possible, and stagger repeatedly down the block with haul after haul.
When I see the ones from the 1950's (so gorgeous), I snag them right away, as I seldom see the same ones again.
I have some projects that use these vintage books, that I plan to share here in the near future.
books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

combined covers

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

books,vintage,paper

10 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love books with beautiful covers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many pretty patterns!
    No wonder you are so inspired by them, they are beautiful!
    And your projects are even more beautiful :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never had thought that they would be so pretty inside. Lots of neat patterns. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you blue china :):)
    I have at least two to post as soon as I can get them wrapped up and photographed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! what beautiful and lucky finds!! there are some book that are perfect just for looking at... and you found some really great ones!! i can't wait to see what they have in store for them!
    xoxo
    tod

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you :)
    I love these books, and hoard them whenever possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sasha, I am drooling! I wish I had known when the sale was.........I would have helped you carry stacks and stacks to my car as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe :):)
    Actually, there was one just a few weeks ago. :)
    I have a fresh mountain of books to sort.

    ReplyDelete