Friday

mint vanity

Now, for a round of before+after. :)
I finished painting this Vanity last night.
It is vintage. The veneer on the sides was chipped, and it had gotten a bit scratched up, and dusty. I have been feeling adventurous in the color dept. due to my unusually reserved choice in paint colors for the "studio" (creamy white), and had a sudden need for more mint in my life. :)

Photobucket
"Before"
It was a dark chocolate brown color.
vintage,vanity,furniture,mint

To create my mint, I got a quart of a darker green called "Irish beauty" which is a sort-of Kelly green. Then I mixed it with some cotton white paint to create the shade for the furniture.
I ended up with a much more intense color than I had first planned on (I was going for a muted off-white version), but in the end, I really like the result.
Photobucket
"After"
This is a very tall piece/I couldn't quite get the whole thing into the photo.
paint,mint,furniture,vintage
Side mirror detail.
paint,mint,furniture,vintage
Top mirror detail
I hadn't really noticed all of the lovely and ornate details until I started sanding and painting the vanity.
vintage,vanity,furniture,mint
The middle drawer. I love all of the hardware from this piece.
vintage,vanity,furniture,mint
One of two of the little side drawers.
vintage,vanity,furniture,mint
Large drawer detail.
vintage,vanity,furniture,mint

I have more furnishings I am working on, and will post pics of when I am done.

8 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Really love the color. It pops against the neutral walls.

    Thanks for sharing some before and afters. They are so fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't have been my first choice for color but this turned out fantastic!!!! I'm challenged when it comes to envisioning the outcome. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Norma :)
    It is a much brighter color than I was aiming for originally, I had been aiming for white with a hint of green. I really like the cheeky mint color, sometimes it's nice to have a surprise thrown into the mix. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay this is just plain amazing!! Loving the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hands-down the most beautiful piece of vintage painted furniture I've ever seen. The color is incredible!

    ReplyDelete